How often should I change my coil?
How often should I change my coil? It’s a question everyone asks when they buy their first vape. By the end of this blog post you will find out how to immediately find out whether your coil needs to be changed.
If you’re an experienced vapour you will know the consequences of not changing your coil and how it’s not a pleasant experience.
What is a vape coil?
Coils are practically the heart of the vape, it’s responsible for heating up the e-liquid and vaporising it.
Premade coils consist of wire and wick, they are also covered in cotton fiber or synthetic foam which soaks up the juice.They are located in the cartridge.
Depending on your device you will need to shop from MTL (mouth to lung) or DTL (direct to lung) coil. Mouth to lung coil is when the e-liquid is vaporised into a cloud lingers in your mouth then travels to your lungs. Whereas Direct to lung does what it says and travels directly to your lungs. Browse our range here.
If you’re a new vaper please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information or visit one of our retail stores. Find your nearest store here.
We highly recommend that you change your coil as often as you vape. For instance If you’re constantly vaping (all day, every day) it’s important to change it at least once a week. If it’s not as often, you could get away with changing it in just under a month.
It’s always handy to have spare coils on hand as you never know when you’ll need to change it.
Here's why you need to change your coils:
- Over time It will most definitely burn the coil and burn the remaining e-liquid which will cause a harsh inhale and may cause irritation to your throat.
- Eventually the cotton will degrade and cause the e-liquid to leak
- Best method to keep the taste of the e-liquid fresh. For example: if you were to have a menthol e-liquid and switch to cake flavoured, It will still have a hint of the menthol flavours.
- You will need to change the coil if you require a change of wattage - for more power and larger clouds lower/higher wattage is required
- And lastly over time it will taste absolutely rubbish
All in all, it is evident that it’s highly important to look after your vape and change the coils as regularly as you use it. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us or visit one of our stores where our staff are happy to help.
We are The Ace of Vapez, an established family vape business based within the West Midlands. We are the first British establishment manufacturing and distributing high VG liquids and 50/50 e-liquids. Our laboratory has been running successfully since 2015. With the success of the Brownhills store we continued to expand The Ace of Vapez company by opening a further 8 stores over the 7 years. We are proud to stock an array TAOV e-liquids, nic salts and concentrates as well as our guest e-liquids such as Vampire Vape, IVG, riot squad, kings custard, Yeti and many more.